7.06.2014

Dogs > Babies


Illustration for an essay in the Style section by Eileen Mitchell, our regular Pet Tales columnist. She's responding to a reader who wrote to her that she writes about her dog so much because she "so obviously doesn't have children." GEE OUCH.


My favorite part: "Oh, knife to the heart! My aching womb, my empty arms, bereft of child and therefore grieving for love and mourning the joys of a motherhood lost. At least those are the emotions I assume his words were meant to evoke. Because anyone with a womb should want children, right? And if they don’t, well, something is wrong, askew, off kilter. That’s why a childless woman, like me, would fulfill her maternal desires through other objects. Like a dog." Maybe she's CHOOSING not to have children, Mr. Reader. You go girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment